On the day to day, you will
- Be a strategic partner to diverse range of stakeholders in editorial, engineering, marketing and product management, generating data-driven insights, to influence the direction of our product roadmap and critical operating decisions
- Partner with the organization to define our goals and the portfolio of metrics to measure performance against
- Identify the level and cadence of information needed to operate key areas of the business and build dashboards and reports to drive decisions
- Leverage a range of sophisticated ML techniques to uncover deeper insights about our our users and content
- Design and analyze experiments to answer key business questions.
- Build data pipelines and models that enable incisive analyses and performant data visualizations
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members, identify and recommend best practices, help level up overall team capabilities
- Be a champion for Data Science and evidence-based decision making throughout the organization, educating and advocating for its use
You should have
- 6+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis and ML at a consumer-facing technology company
- Experience with stakeholder management; effectively driving shared priorities and persuading through storytelling with data
- Strong python skills at running data analytics using pandas, jupyter notebook, and the python ecosystem
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries on large data sets
- Experience with data pipelining, from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Strong in inferential statistics, especially in an experimentation setting (hypothesis testing, power analysis, experimental design)
- Skilled in building machine learning models including classification models, natural language processing, and training models on large data sets
- Experience manipulating large data sets through SQL, Python
Nice to have
- Experience leading others in a data / analytics function
- Experience developing in Looker
- Natural Language processing (NLP) with large data sets
- Experience in big data technologies like Spark
- Experience with production model deployment in cloud environments like AWS
- Management consulting or similar internal strategy experience
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Please let Medium know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
December 6th, 2020
Medium is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWelcome to Medium, where words matter. Medium taps into the brains of the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers to bring you the smartest takes on topics that matter. So whatever ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.