Reader Experience team:
This role will be working on our Reader Experience team, which is focused on the entire reading experience — how Medium readers discover, share, save, and engage with compelling ideas on the platform.
Creator Experience team
This role will be working on our Creator Experience team, whose mission is to make Medium the best place for writing and publishing on the internet. That mission encompasses designing features and tools for our creators, whether they are individual writers or multi-person publishing teams.
What you'll do:
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and editorial teams to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Evaluate the success of existing products and features, and develop designs to support business objectives.
- Bring new ideas to the table that expand the capabilities of the product.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Embody and establish best practices for the design team, acting as a mentor to fellow designers.
Who you are:
- You love big sweeping ideas but also enjoy the details. From product ideation and system thinking to kerning and grids, you demonstrate a capacity and enthusiasm for the spectrum of design. You can help lay the groundwork to set new problem spaces up for success, and you can provide exceptional hands-on execution as necessary.
- You’re able to rapidly ideate and iterate in a fluid startup environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity and have shown an ability to bring clarity and structure to a complex system or user experience challenge.
- You’re a team player and facilitator who can collaborate easily with everyone from more junior designers to engineers to executives. You engage with teammates with clarity, openness, and curiosity.
- You’re a strong communicator who can present your vision and design rationale in a compelling, convincing manner to the wider team.
- You know how to design for the long-term, but also how to iterate quickly to get to a first version of that future.
- You have experience working in an agile environment with fellow design, product, engineering and insights leaders to align on product strategy and make great things as a team.
- Coding and prototyping skills are a strong plus!
Please let Medium know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 28th, 2021
Job posted on
November 6th, 2020
Medium is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWelcome to Medium, where words matter. Medium taps into the brains of the world’s most insightful writers, thinkers, and storytellers to bring you the smartest takes on topics that matter. So whatever ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.