By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
About the role
We’re actively searching for a VP of Finance to join our executive team during a period of rapid growth and product development. With the recent launch of Lumi’s transactional marketplace we’ve introduced a lot of complexity to our financial operations and we’re excited to add an executive to our finance team to work alongside our CEO and leadership team to plan, forecast and lead investor relations. Ideally you have a tenure at another high growth technology company and more specifically experience (or a fascination!) with marketplace businesses. Experience with physical products, ecommerce, manufacturing and supply chain are all a plus. Our executive team is highly collaborative and also quite experimental, so ideally you enjoy being part of a small team who likes to run fast together.
What you'll do
- Manage the accurate reporting of company financials, forecasts and companywide metrics to our executive team and board
- Prepare all financial statements and reports needed for investor relations and for internal stakeholders at Lumi to make timely and informed decisions
- Own the financial forecast model, updating and editing it alongside our CEO
- Build key relationships with our enterprise customers, top suppliers, and financial partners
- Manage customer and supplier payment terms decision making, helping relevant teams understand the impact of terms on cash
- Manage current team: Controller and Staff Accountant
- Build out the finance org at Lumi, spec’ing out roles and recruiting for your team directly as Lumi scales
- Being a thought partner to other executives, providing financial information to them to help make key decisions
- Holding teams accountable for budgets they control
- Manage multi state tax laws and compliance
- Oversee equity options and valuations
- Review contracts, legal documents, and agreements to identify financial impact of terms, integrations and SLA’s on our liability and cash flows
- Optimize cash flow, cash management through a tight collaboration with our customer and manufacturing facing team members, demand and supply side terms heavily impact cash flows from our managed services contracts
- Implement process improvements, and collaborate with our engineering team to better integrate Netsuite and our platform
- Anticipate challenges and help Lumi scale through effective resource management
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, MBA preferred
- 7+ years professional work experience in relevant finance roles
- Experience in SaaS, global manufacturing, and or supply chain is preferred
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience in growing and leading a high performance team of finance professionals
- Experience in Netsuite or other relevant ERP
- Experience with BI tools like Looker and collaboration with engineering teams strongly preferred
- Extremely hands-on and comfortable working in the fast paced environment of a startup, ability to collaborate with other executives directly to build systems and problem solve
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills for manufacturer and customer escalations
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Top of the line computer equipment
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
- Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
- Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
- Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
- Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of supply chain, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
- Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!
Please let Lumi know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
June 10th, 2021
Job posted on
February 15th, 2021
Lumi is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyLumi is a direct-to-manufacturer marketplace. Ecommerce companies like Stitch Fix, Outdoor Voices, and MeUndies use Lumi to manage their entire packaging supply chain. We build the software and supply...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.