Lumi is transforming the manufacturing and packaging industries by building tools that help brands find and work with suppliers more easily than ever before. Our goal is to enable seamless collaboration between brands and suppliers to deliver sustainable, memorable and cost-effective packaging.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
About the role
As the first Data Architect at Lumi, you’re an engineer who will have a chance to help set the standard for how we approach data modeling for years to come. You’ll work with other engineers to help build scalable, maintainable data models for use by our SaaS platform; you’ll work with business leads across the company to define an abstracted data model for our data warehouse; and you’ll understand and contribute to data solutions that span all of the systems used by Lumi.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with other engineers to define, implement and document a sustainable data model for our SaaS platform.
- Use your knowledge of SQL performance tuning to debug and optimize slow queries.
- Work with business leaders across the company to understand their data needs, and translate that understanding into an abstracted data model for our data warehouse.
- Assist others in building out and maintaining reports in our BI tool, Looker.
- Use your understanding of our data model to propose and implement data integrations between the various systems used by Lumi.
All candidates should have the following qualifications:
- You are comfortable onboarding and working remotely with little supervision.
- You are able to manage your projects from start to finish, from planning and time estimation, through development and testing, to documentation and deployment.
- You can work with non-technical members of staff to gather and distill project requirements.
- You’re a learner and a teacher; you constantly strive to expand your knowledge and skill set, while helping others to do the same.
- You are an expert at writing, maintaining and debugging SQL.
- You have demonstrated skill at developing and documenting data models for multiple business and technical needs.
- You are skilled in at least one common computer language, and are willing to learn Haskell.
We don’t require that candidates have all of the following, but we are primarily seeking engineers who can bring experience in one or more of these:
- Experience with contributing to or maintaining open source software.
- Experience with Haskell or another functional programming language.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and maintenance of Postgres databases.
- Experience supporting platform APIs.
- Experience with Looker or other Business Intelligence tools.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan
- Top of the line computer equipment
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
- Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
- Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
- Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
- Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of supply chain, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
- Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!
Please let Lumi know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 29th, 2021
Job posted on
November 6th, 2020
Lumi is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyLumi is a direct-to-manufacturer marketplace. Ecommerce companies like Stitch Fix, Outdoor Voices, and MeUndies use Lumi to manage their entire packaging supply chain. We build the software and supply...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.