With the focus on reliability, scalability, efficiency, and high availability, the Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering and operating the foundational infrastructure platforms and secure cloud environment at Loom.
- Design, implement and monitor enterprise-grade secure fault-tolerant AWS cloud infrastructure
- Lead our infrastructure automation effort leveraging Kubernetes, Terraform and Helm
- Be the thought leader for technical design and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams
- Continuously evaluate and identify current system bottlenecks, and drive action plan to improve the scalability of our infrastructure for 10x-100x growth
- Work with extended teams to manage systems and infrastructure required for ongoing development and releases
- Mentor and grow other team members on scalable, resilient techniques, and best practice standards
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in Linux System Administration
- 3+ years of experience with AWS in an enterprise environment; strong knowledge of AWS services and security required
- 3+ years of experience leading and partnering with other senior engineers
- Hands-on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Proven track record in architecting and developing distributed systems (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise for leading cross-team technical engineering initiatives around infrastructure automation, cloud efficiency, and adopting best practices
- Bachelor/Master/PhD degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
Perks at Loom:
* Competitive compensation and equity package
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
Please let Loom know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
November 18th, 2020
Loom is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyBringing video messaging to work. We are on a mission to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively and get ahead, wherever they are Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, alr...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.