As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you'll...
- Manage shared systems and services, such as the data warehouse, docker orchestrator, service registry, secrets management and more.
- Write production-quality tools to reduce toil for the Engineering team and help automate the technical ecosystem to help us scale.
- Assist other teams to utilize our observability tools to debug production systems
- Help shape the open-source technologies and SAS services used at Lob to solve some of our fundamental challenges (e.g. CI/CD, container orchestration, logging, etc)
For this role, we're looking for...
- 3+ years of experience building HA infrastructure on cloud hosted systems (AWS/GCP)
- 2+ years of experience in software development with fluency in a programming language (NodeJS, Go, Python, Ruby, etc).
- Experience working with modern devops tooling, understanding concepts/tooling such as Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Docker Orchestration, service discovery, secrets management etc.
- Experience working in teams to develop and support production-quality tools and/or services to support internal teams (engineer, data, etc). This ranges from database management, system monitoring, secrets management, and more.
- Solid understanding and experience working in AWS and its service offerings
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with other engineering teams using established platforms/tools (CircleCI, GH actions, Buildkite, Jenkins, etc).
- Experience delivering successful devops/platform-related projects. You’ve done engineering work at the senior level, solving complex technical challenges at web-scale and built tools that help your fellow engineers.
- Great communication and collaboration skills. You should be able to explain your approach and the impact of your work to non-technical stakeholders in a way that is clear to them.
Bonus Points for...
- Professional experience working with Docker orchestration tools in the past: Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad, etc.
- Managing hybrid environments of in-house and SAS service: authentication/authorization, observability, etc.
- Building, managing, maintaining machine images (Packer/Ansible/Salt).
- Managing production databases clusters at scale (PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Experience implementing good SRE practices
- Security-consciousness: Best practices, IDS, and more
- Managed/monitoring message queue systems: RabbitMQ, Kafka, AWS EventBridge
- Bringing something new: Built a cool tool? Open source contributions? Love to hear and learn about them.
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Employee Assistance Program and free professional coaching sessions
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Virtual social events
Our Commitment to Diversity
Please let Lob know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
March 15th, 2021
Job posted on
November 15th, 2020
Lob is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyTransform business infrastructure with the power of APIs. Lob is building a suite of APIs for the enterprise. Built with developers in mind, Lob provides tools that allow businesses to build scalable ...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.