We are looking for an excellent UX designer who can research, analyze, and design end-to-end beautiful, intuitive interfaces throughout the entire design workflow from mapping out user journeys in flow diagrams, creating high level wireframes to high fidelity mockups, and working with the frontend team to implement design solutions. We need a creative, highly motivated self-starter with attention to detail and an eye for beautiful, clean user interfaces. You must follow the principles of User-Centered Design to always regard the user/customer experience first and support your design decisions with best practices and data from usability tests or metrics. This person will be a key member of the product design team collaborating closely with the very best engineers, designers, business leadership, partners and customers in the industry. Amazing perks, beautiful office (remote opportunity), stock incentives, flexible hours and open PTO policy make Kraken a great place to work.
- Performing competitive analysis, shaping trader personas, studying industry trends and strategies.
- Directing conceptual and post-release usability testing to guide the design process.
- Creating and improving information architecture, nomenclature, and diagrams including but not limited to sitemaps, flowcharts, wireframes, and static prototypes.
- Contributing to requirements gathering, design documentation, and implementation reviews.
- Working with internal team and client groups to design and build user-friendly interfaces and application hierarchies based on functional specifications and persona-based usability findings.
- Participating in key internal meetings including regular status updates and planning sessions, documenting ongoing progress and effectively communicating findings
- Reviewing user adoption for product deliverables and acceptance testing combining data, analysis, and creative design thinking.
- Ensuring design documents are current and complete, with solutions implemented properly and user feedback incorporated into future product design iterations.
- 4 years UX design experience guiding product development cycle for a successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software application.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field.
- Passionate about current and emerging product design trends, user-centered design principles, with a knack for keeping our team and clients informed.
- Fluent in responsive design patterns, mobile/tablet interface trends, and pairing data with effective design solutions.
- Strong sense of interaction design and user flows paired with an ability to translate static solutions into wireframes, prototypes, and testable concepts.
- Ability to give and receive constructive design critique.
- Autonomous team player who takes initiative and responsibility for key UX design process deliverables.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Please let Kraken know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
January 10th, 2021
About the companyBased in San Francisco, Kraken is the world’s largest global bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity. Kraken’s clients also trade USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC, and other digital currencies, on a platf...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.