About the role
- Build scalable and reliable data pipeline that collects, transforms, loads and curates data from internal systems
- Augment data platform with data pipelines from select external systems
- Ensure high data quality for pipelines you build and make them auditable
- Drive data systems to be as near real-time as possible
- Support design and deployment of distributed data store that will be central source of truth across the organization
- Build data connections to company's internal IT systems
- Develop, customize, configure self service tools that help our data consumers to extract and analyze data from our massive internal data store
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data engineering
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant field (Data Engineer, DW Engineer, Software Engineer, etc)
- Experience with data warehouse technologies and relevant data modeling best practices (Spark, Presto, Druid, etc)
- Experience building data pipelines/ETL and familiarity with design principles
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with business requirements gathering for data sourcing
Learn more about us:
Learn about Kraken and their company culture.
Based in San Francisco, Kraken is the world’s largest global bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity. Kraken’s clients also trade USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC, and other digital currencies, on a platform consistently rated the best and most secure bitcoin exchange by independent news media.
Kraken’s employees are generally not listed on LinkedIn due to the company’s security policy.
Founded in 2011, Kraken was the first bitcoin exchange to have its market data displayed on the Bloomberg Terminal, the first to pass a cryptographically verifiable proof-of-reserves audit, and one of the first exchanges to offer leveraged bitcoin margin trading. Kraken is trusted by millions of traders, institutions, and authorities across the world, from Toyko’s court-appointed trustee to Germany’s BaFin regulated Fidor Bank. In January 2016, Kraken announced that it was acquiring prominent bitcoin exchanges Coinsetter and Cavirtex to expand into American and Canadian markets. In 2019 Kraken acquired Crypto Facilities a registered futures platform.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We wake up every single day determined to change the world by delivering a great exchange. Bitcoin is more than just a new way to make purchases. It’s even more than a protocol for exchanging value over the internet without an intermediary. We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot."
Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Learn about the technology and tools that Kraken uses.
About this role
November 11th, 2021
January 12th, 2021