Kraken is changing the world. Like to join us?
About the role:
- Ownership of all dimensions of HR including policy, employee relations, rewards, learning and development, HRIS, talent acquisition, and employee experience among others
- Take us through a future IPO and help us scale to thousands of Krakenites
- Work closely with senior leadership on business issues and growth opportunities
- Make Kraken the destination for top industry talent
- Oversee the creation of the best remote onboarding experience in the world
- Challenge and develop Krakenites to reach their full potential by building a world class L&D function
- Explore ways to make whole rewards a competitive advantage and selling point for Kraken while maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Build the best remote Wellness program in the world
- Tackle the challenges of global remote HR operations
- Understand, adopt, nurture, and help to shape the company values, principles and culture
- Partner with senior business leaders around the world to provide expert guidance on HR policies and legal requirements
- Evaluate and enhance all HR processes and KPIs and drive the HR function to proactively identify and address opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes
- The ability to lead an HR function for a 1200+ person company in a rapidly scaling business through IPO and beyond
- Lead an HR function that scaled a tech company to greater than 2000 team members
- Background in building international HR programs including global compensation & benefits
- Have worked with a globally distributed remote team
- Knowledge of global employment laws, regulations, and HR compliance requirements
- Technically savvy and security-minded
- On top of technical trends and automation opportunities in HR
- Incredible network of HR professionals that can be leveraged to level up the KX team
Nice to haves:
- A Kraken client or cryptocurrency user
- Global: has lived in multiple countries, travels internationally, multilingual
- Experience with Workday, Lever, and other HR technologies
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn about Kraken and their company culture.
Based in San Francisco, Kraken is the world’s largest global bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity. Kraken’s clients also trade USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC, and other digital currencies, on a platform consistently rated the best and most secure bitcoin exchange by independent news media.
Kraken’s employees are generally not listed on LinkedIn due to the company’s security policy.
Founded in 2011, Kraken was the first bitcoin exchange to have its market data displayed on the Bloomberg Terminal, the first to pass a cryptographically verifiable proof-of-reserves audit, and one of the first exchanges to offer leveraged bitcoin margin trading. Kraken is trusted by millions of traders, institutions, and authorities across the world, from Toyko’s court-appointed trustee to Germany’s BaFin regulated Fidor Bank. In January 2016, Kraken announced that it was acquiring prominent bitcoin exchanges Coinsetter and Cavirtex to expand into American and Canadian markets. In 2019 Kraken acquired Crypto Facilities a registered futures platform.
Kraken is backed by investors including, Money Partners Group, Hummingbird Ventures, Blockchain Capital, and Digital Currency Group, among others.
"We wake up every single day determined to change the world by delivering a great exchange. Bitcoin is more than just a new way to make purchases. It’s even more than a protocol for exchanging value over the internet without an intermediary. We are empowering people to live simply, efficiently and more connected to others. We put our clients’ best interests first and foremost. They are at the heart of our company and drive everything we do. We believe in having a laser focus when pursuing our strategic goals and participate only in markets where we can make a significant contribution. We believe in complete transparency, deep collaboration and we never forget that people come first. Having this mindset allows us to grow and advance at a rate which others cannot."
Jesse Powell, CEO of Kraken
Learn about the technology and tools that Kraken uses.
About this role
November 11th, 2021
December 11th, 2020