What you will be doing:
- Research and develop novel product features. You’ll be solving challenging technical and statistical problems that automate insights for Heap users.
- Test prototypes with clients. You’ll pair directly with clients to understand their data and business problems, in order to test methods and product features in practice.
- Productize and scale. You’ll partner with our engineers, designers, and product managers to turn new ideas into practical and statistically rigorous features in the Heap product.
- Level up Heap’s data science capabilities. We’re developing data science as a core competency of Heap. As an early and senior member of the team, you’ll help build and scale our technical infrastructure and lead an initiative that’s key to the company’s long-term strategy.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of professional experience as a data scientist
- Expertise in either R or Python. You’re fluent in transforming, modeling, and visualizing data to solve a variety of problems.
- Comfortable in SQL. Experience with data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift or BigQuery is a plus.
- Experienced with statistics and machine learning. You’re familiar with dangers like overfitting, confounding factors, and multiple hypothesis testing, and you’re well-versed in statistical methods for handling such risks.
- Practical: you care about finding effective and robust approaches that can be scaled into products, not about using the newest and shiniest technologies.
- An advanced degree (PhD, MS) in a quantitative field is optional but preferred.
- Strong communication skills: able to collaborate with technical, nontechnical and external stakeholders, including presenting conclusions to clients.
- You prefer rapid iteration, and have an interest in proving out ideas and making decisions in as fast a loop as possible.
- You can have a lot of fun playing with data.
Please let Heap know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 10th, 2021
Job posted on
September 25th, 2020
Heap is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyThe New Standard In Product Analytics. Fuel product growth and team agility Every growing business is trying to predict the future: What products should we build? What markets should we enter? How d...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.