As a Product Designer, you'll take ownership of a large area of the Gusto Payroll product and be involved in the entire product development process – from early research and visioning to adjusting pixels to launching and iterating on experiences for our customers.
Gusto is first and foremost customer-driven. We take pride in making informed decisions based on customer research and data while balancing short and long term technical decisions. If you are a strategic customer advocate who enjoys complex problems and improving customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Deeply understand and solve complex problems to give our customers peace of mind
- Design simple, easy-to-use flows and experiences that delight our customers
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and copywriters across the company to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Develop deep empathy for our customers and translate both qualitative insights and quantitative data into creative ideas and informed design decisions
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion and strong cross-functional collaboration
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product team
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience designing and shipping complex products founded in data and customer insights
- Ability to form clear hypotheses around design decisions and lay out a path to validate them
- Industry experience designing at every step of the development process, from brainstorming to post-launch research
- Extensive generative and evaluative research experience
- Strong design craft; the desire and ability to mentor other designers and elevate design at Gusto
- Experience balancing long-term design goals with an Agile-based iterative approach
- Strong communication skills and enthusiasm for collaborating across the entire company
- Ability to embrace ambiguous situations as opportunities to create
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Please let Gusto know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 16th, 2021
Job posted on
November 30th, 2020
Gusto is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyOur customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.