Who are we looking for?
- People who see seemingly impossible odds and get excited to overcome them.
- Resilient go-getters that stay positive, even when things don't go as planned.
- Open-minded individuals who teams look forward to working with every day.
- Self starters who sink their teeth in to find solutions no one thought of.
- Experts who value ownership and are proud of their achievements.
If this speaks to you and you're ready to be part of a rocket taking-off, join us.
A typical day at Grape
- Some people come in quite early, but we start our core work time at 10 AM (GMT+1 - Vienna Time) with our standup meetings to organise the day.
- Usually we gather around the coffee machine for our fix (except our CTO Stefan, who prefers water). We have an amazing portafilter espresso machine with excellent beans from around the world.
- We work in rooms of 2-5 people and go out for side discussions to keep the focus up as much as possible.
- Most of us go out for lunch together (our office is located in an awesome part of Vienna, called "Josefstadt") or order something to the office. We try to avoid work discussions on our lunch break.
- Back at the office, it's crunch time and some of the best output happens, once we had a bit of distance from the computers on our lunch breaks.
- We work at least until 3PM (the early birds fly out earlier) depending on the workload. Sometimes we stick around to chill and chat or we go out together.
How we develop
We only have meetings with a clear agenda, we plan ahead so you can focus on coding and we listen to your feedback to adapt to your needs.
- Code Reviews: No code reaches production without a second pair of eyes
- Finish what you started: starting a ticket means finishing it, no matter what.
- Tests: Test driven development is an absolute must-have. If you don’t know how it works, we will help you learn it. Tech Lead, Riccardo: “We don’t have time to not write tests”.
- Code Quality: Your code quality must be to your highest standards. If you feel unsure of how to solve something in a good way, ask your smart colleagues to help you find a proper common design pattern to solve your problem.
- Pair Programming is very welcome
- Documentation: in code and off-code
Help triage bugs / estimate feature requests and refine requirements.
Implementing the features with our design guidelines in accordance with our UX design
Thrive for the best solution - The team discusses and tries to find the best possible way when we build software. Your opinion is valued.
Support others by pair programming or code reviewing
- Know how to turn UI design into code
- Experience with common software design patterns (MVC, MVVM, standard Java design patterns)
- Know how to write clean and maintainable code
- Know how to manage dependencies (Gradle)
- Own app published on the App Store
- Experience with cross-platform development
- Experience with other platforms like iOS
- Gitlab / GitHub
Please let Grape.io know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
February 12th, 2021
About the companyMeet the world's fastest enterprise business chat. Grape is a smart communication solution that connects and integrates all your services and data. It provides our users with a hyper-intelligent auto-c...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.