Senior Product Manager - Platform
What You'll Do
- Identify, analyze, quantify and prioritize opportunities for new markets, product features, technologies and innovations in how Fastly’s edge cloud services are built and delivered
- Manage the end-to-end product lifecycle of your products, initiatives and technologies including the development and conveyance of the products’ vision through product roadmaps
- Collaboratively lead cross-functional and distributed teams by building trusted working relationships throughout the company, at all levels of the organizations
- Be the subject matter specialist and evangelist for your product/technologies, internally and externally
- Be the champion for our customers’ interests internally, making and influencing decisions about product features, priorities, functionality, and user experiences with the goal of increasing customer value always at the center
- Collaborate with our product growth & financial analysts to develop and implement pricing, packaging & growth strategies
- Define and monitor product success metrics using data driven goals
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years product management experience in a software development focused field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and use the terminology understood by audiences as diverse as executives, finance, legal, and engineering developers
- Ability to think tactically and strategically to craft a compelling product vision that both meets customer demand and aligns with company initiatives
- Possess the empathy and interpersonal skills to develop an understanding of the needs of, and communicate effectively with, a large variety of partner teams to secure buy-in for new initiatives
- Comfortable with developing multiple pricing and business models including usage based, subscription, and transactional models
- A positive, get-stuff-done, collaborative spirit that thrives in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with the technical and business aspects of building and operating a worldwide network of high availability and high capacity cloud services
- Knowledge of Internet technologies, standards and protocols such as, but not limited to, IPv4/v6, TCP/UDP, TLS, HTTP, DNS, and BGP
- Development/DevOps experience in web applications, services and related technologies such as web sites, content delivery networks, microservice meshes, APIs, or central cloud (origin) services would be a plus
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Please let Fastly know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 4th, 2021
Job posted on
October 19th, 2020
Fastly is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyFastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust the Fastly edge cloud p...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.