About the Role
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers, etc. to release life-changing products
- Design and deliver risk-based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.)
- Help ensure your vertical's releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality
- Pair with software engineers to identify coverage gaps, automate repeated tasks, and build regression test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features, and process changes
- Awe your team by uncovering or better yet preventing corner case defects
- A minimum of 5 years of software development or test framework development experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure tools (e.g. AWS/GCP, etc.).
- Experience with hands-on automation framework development: TestNG/Cypress/Selenium/Rest Assured/Cucumber/Jest etc.
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas
- Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills; explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them even better
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Please let Ethos know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
March 7th, 2021
Ethos is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyEthos provides modern, ethical life insurance to protect the life you're building and the people you love. Ethos is built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctors appointments or hi...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.