About the Role
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers, etc. to release life-changing products
- Design and deliver risk-based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, manual, automated, etc.)
- Help ensure your vertical's releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality
- Pair with software engineers to identify coverage gaps, automate repeated tasks, and build regression test coverage through existing or new infrastructure
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features, and process changes
- Awe your team by uncovering or better yet preventing corner case defects
- A minimum of 5 years of software development or test framework development experience
- Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure tools (e.g. AWS/GCP, etc.).
- Experience with hands-on automation framework development: TestNG/Cypress/Selenium/Rest Assured/Cucumber/Jest etc.
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests
- Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas
- Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills; explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them even better
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Learn about Ethos and their company culture.
Ethos provides modern, ethical life insurance to protect the life you're building and the people you love. Ethos is built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctors appointments or hidden fees. We transformed a 15-week process of paper applications and medical exams, into just the click of a button - by quantifying the user’s health risk using predictive models.
Tens of thousands of customers have already experienced the future of life insurance through Ethos. Ethos is making a big splash in this massive $650B market. Our team hails from companies such as Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Uber, and Goldman Sachs. We have raised over $100M in funding and our investors include Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners, as well as celebrity investors such as Jay-Z, Kevin Durant and Robert Downey Jr.
Help us rebuild an industry
Millions of people need life insurance but don’t have it because they may feel it’s too complicated, time-consuming, and expensive. We’re here to change that by building a product that truly puts people first. Why? So millions of people can protect their families with access to simple, affordable life insurance.
Our core values
The core values are the fundamental guiding principles for how we work, make decisions, and evaluate ourselves and our teams. They serve as a guide to cultivating a more connected and transparent culture. If our values align with yours, check out our open roles. We'd love to hear from you!
Serve our families: Our customers trust us with protecting their loved ones, and we don't take this lightly. Creating the best experience for the customer is what drives every business decision. We’re always iterating and finding new ways to improve and simplify our customers’ lives.
Intellectual rigor: We value first-principles thinking. That is, we get down to the bottom of every obstacle we face, and we don’t rely on assumptions. We leverage data to inform our decisions and guide our products to excellence.
Bias for impact: Our effort is 100% in our control, and we win by overachieving. We constantly ask ourselves how we can create the biggest and most positive impact for our customers. We think big, even when we start small.
Speak your mind: We know that true progress and innovation is made when everyone feels empowered to speak their mind. We love a healthy debate and respect the opinions of our colleagues. Changing your mind is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. One team, one dream.
The Ethos story
Many folks who previously worked in life insurance said that a business like Ethos could not succeed - that life insurance was too complex to make digital, the risk too large to make underwriting instant, and too unapproachable to offer without aggressive sales agents. Ethos has accepted these challenges, proving these assumptions wrong through developing our product. Our NPS score (a measure of customer satisfaction) is typically in the mid-80s, compared to the industry average of 4. We’re able to overcome these challenges by distilling complexity, building awesome consumer experiences, and working smarter.
Learn about the technology and tools that Ethos uses.
About this role
November 11th, 2021
March 7th, 2021