About the Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to develop and ship features
- Design, build, and maintain our API’s
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable libraries and abstractions
- Design and build internal tooling to improve development efficiency
- Find and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
- Mentor junior engineers
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-3+ years of full time engineering experience
- Engineering experience in TypeScript, GoLang, Python, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes, React, AWS
- Experience with back end architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Ability to design clean APIs and understanding of performance issues
- Experienced with software engineering best practices – design patterns, code reviews, unit and integration testing, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical specifications both verbal and written
- Solid CS fundamentals – including data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of security, common attacks and defenses
- Knowledge of build systems configurations and setup - such as Webpack
- Experience with infrastructure, distributed systems, and deploying apps into a high-scale environment
Please let Ethos know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
September 26th, 2020
Ethos is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyEthos provides modern, ethical life insurance to protect the life you're building and the people you love. Ethos is built for people who don't have time for fine print, extra doctors appointments or hi...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.