EquipmentShare is hiring a Software Engineer III (AAA Platform)
Your role in our team
At EquipmentShare, we believe it’s more than just a job, we invest in our people and encourage you to choose the best path for your career. It’s truly about you, your future and where you want to go. We are looking for a Software Engineer III (AAA Platform) to help us continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a scalable, performant and customer-centric oriented architecture. Our main tech stack includes : AWS, Kubernetes, Python, Kafka, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kinesis, TypeScript, React. If you have production scale experience in a different stack (Go, Java, Scala, C#, etc.) and are interested in moving to a new stack, we should chat.
What you'll be doing
We are typically organized into agile cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Product and Design, which allows us to develop deep expertise and rapidly deliver high value features and functionality to our next generation T3 Platform.
As a Software Engineer III on a AAA (Authentication Authorization and Auditing) team, you will lead design and development of AAA platform components. You will work closely with product managers and lead engineers on the client application development teams to build capabilities for the platform that will enable faster application development using access control mechanisms developed by the AAA platform. You will actively participate in secure application development practices using core AAA platform capabilities and be steward of highly scalable development practices. You will be responsible for designing and developing services and APIs used by applications to capture, evaluate and audit access permissions. You will design and develop services, data pipelines and APIs to integrate with 3rd party identity management systems. You will actively participate in developing high level designs, low level design and design reviews. You will collaborate with application teams on developing new platform features and best practices to implement AAA capabilities. You will participate in the agile development process, including scoping, planning, hands-on development and deployment, testing, defect management and on call support. We'll be there to support you as you become familiar with our teams, product domains, tech stack and processes — generally how we all work together.
As a Software Engineer III (AAA Platform) you will:
- Design, build, and deliver the user provisioning and access management capabilities that empower our teams and customers.
- Exert your passion and use deep and wide thinking to shape the technical direction of the platform.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to take ideas from concept to delivery. Balancing the desire to ship code with the responsibility to get it right.
- Contribute to our culture improving how we deliver as a team. Helping us to leave things better than we find them and making it easier for us to get stuff done.
- Support, coach and mentor Engineers within our team by sharing your insight, knowledge and experience as we learn and grow together.
Who you are
You're a hands-on developer who gets stuck in, you enjoy solving complex problems and building impactful solutions. Most importantly, you care about making a difference.
- Take the initiative to own outcomes from start to finish — knowing what needs to be accomplished within your platform and how we work together to deliver the best solution.
- You have a passion for developing your craft — you understand what it takes to build quality, robust and scalable solutions.
- You’ll see the learning opportunity when things don’t quite go to plan — not only for you, but for how we continuously improve as a team.
- You take a hypothesis-driven approach — knowing how to source, create and leverage data to inform decision making, using data to drive how we improve, to shape how we evaluate and make platform recommendations.
So, what is important to us?
Above all, you’ll get stuff done. More importantly, you’ll collaborate to do the right things, in the right way to achieve the right outcomes.
- 5+ years of relevant development experience building production grade solutions.
- 2+ years leading design of reliable and scalable APIs.
- Practical production knowledge of SaaS products.
- Proficient with a high order object oriented language. (especially Python - open to Go, Java, Scala, C# etc.)
- Solid exposure to event driven architectures and high volume data processing.
- Practical exposure of CI/CD pipelines for your production services.
- Familiarity with public cloud service platforms.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with remote teams (across different time zones).
- Proven track record in learning new technologies and applying that learning quickly.
- Experience building observability and monitoring into applications.
Some of the things that would be nice to have, but not required:
- Experience with authentication and/or identity management (Auth0 or Okta).
- Familiar with containerization and Kubernetes.
- Experience with streaming technologies. (AWS Kinesis, Kafka, etc.)
What we will offer you
We can promise that every day will be a little different with new ideas, challenges and rewards.
We’ve been growing as a team and we are not finished just yet— there is plenty of opportunity to shape how we deliver together. Our missionis to enable the construction industry with tools that unlock substantial increases to productivity. Together with our team and customers, we are building the future of construction. T3is the only cloud-based operating system that brings together construction workflows data from constantly moving elements in one place.
- Competitive base salary and market leading equity package (pre-IPO).
- Unlimited PTO.
- Remote first.
- True work/life balance.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage.
- 401(k) + match.
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars and continued education.
- On-site fitness center at the Home Office in Columbia, Missouri, complete with weightlifting machines, cardio equipment, group fitness space, racquetball courts, a climbing wall, and much more!
- Volunteering and local charity support that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through our Giving Back initiative.
- Stocked breakroom and full kitchen with breakfast and lunch provided daily by our chef and kitchen crew.
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.