EquipmentShare is Hiring a Director of Data Engineering
EquipmentShare is searching for a Director of Data Engineering to join our team. This position is fully remote.
What You’ll Do as a Director of Data Engineering
Despite having been fundamentally altered by earlier industrial revolutions, the construction industry has hardly budged with the computer revolution. In fact, since 1970, labor productivity in the US construction industry has actually declined, despite it more than doubling in the rest of the economy. This has contributed to housing shortages and the parlous state of infrastructure in some places, and is sanding the gears of carbon reduction efforts.
We think the industry is ripe for change, and we’re pushing the leading edge of that change with our next generation T3 Platform, the OS for Construction. Through T3, we help contractors to coordinate humans and (increasingly smarter) machines to build more effectively.
As our Director of Data Engineering, you will play a major role in this effort. In particular, you will:
- Lead our newly-formed Data Science Analytics Platform group, which consists of three teams: Data Infrastructure, Data Modeling, and Science ML Enablement, collectively dedicated to enabling industry-leading analytics, science and machine learning carried out by adjacent teams. You will be responsible for setting direction (ensuring alignment with the rest of the business), resourcing, and hiring and/or growing managers within this group.
- Attract and retain top talent, both in this group and in the related analytics and science/ML teams, as we grow these areas quickly.
- Work closely with other directors and executives across the builder and operations orgs to ensure best practices in terms of data access, security, traceability, etc.
About You as a Director of Data Engineering
Our mission is to change an entire industry, so we only hire people inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in a crucial industry for human welfare.
Minimum Qualifications for a Director of Data Engineering
- Graduate degree, or equivalent practical experience, in computer science, machine learning, software engineering, statistics or related field
- 4+ years working on technology-powered products as either a data platform engineer, data engineer, ML engineer, analytics engineer or a closely related role
- 3+ years working as a people manager in a data platform team;to experience managing and growing managers is a strong plus
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product development
- Demonstrated understanding of business analytics
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Must be qualified to work in the United States or the United Kingdom - we are not sponsoring any candidates at this time
Why We’re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive compensation packages
- 401 (k) and company match
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid parental leave
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
- State of the art onsite gym (Corporate HQ)/Gym stipend for remote employees
Since our incorporation in 2015, we’ve had incredible growth — and we’re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then, we’d love to meet you.
At EquipmentShare, it’s more than just a job — it’s a calling. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. EquipmentShare is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.