Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You're never satisfied with the status quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you're explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You're able to take a bird's eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You're committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
The Frontend team is responsible for all code that runs in a browser. Be it the web apps of Twist and Todoist, browser extensions, electron apps, or our landing pages.
Here's what your work will look like on a day-to-day basis:
- Implement features. From proposal, through specification and implementation, to maintenance. You're encouraged and expected to propose things that you think can be a good addition to the product.
- Provide feedback. When planning a feature you're expected to provide feedback on expected challenges and unknowns as early as possible.
- Improve code quality. With time, our code accumulated some technical debt, which we pay off. Often we do it while we make features, but we also dedicate time to housekeeping each week.
- Be a responsible & exemplary team member. We do code reviews, refactor code, learn new things, and share our knowledge. You might also be appointed mentor of a newcomer
- Lead a squad. From time to time you might be a squad leader which bears the responsibility for the success of the project. In practical terms, you plan the squad work and orchestrate its execution. You balance this activity with hands-on work within the same squad.
- Be a Hero. During this time you'll be working closely with support to triage and fix bugs from users. Also, you help speed up code reviews and support other teams in their projects.
Indicators that you'll thrive in this role:
- You feel that our values resonate with yours, and you see how they can act as guidance for your day-to-day work.
- You have 5+ years of frontend development experience.
- You have experience in building complex interactive web applications.
- You have experience in writing automated unit, integration, or end-to-end tests.
- You have experience in measuring, analyzing, and fixing performance problems.
- You're able to use and customize tools (e.g. webpack) to streamline our development and build processes.
- You're able to work autonomously and stay self-motivated. Previous experience working in a remote team is a bonus.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- Submit your complete application. This including a resume (or manually entered experience) and thoughtful responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
- Application screening. We read every application to understand your motivation, skills, and experience. Once your application has been screened, you'll receive a response whether the outcome is in your favor or not.
- Interview with Henning M. (Head of Frontend Development).
- We'll ask you to complete a test project.
- Interview with Ernesto G. (Frontend Developer).
- Interview with Gonçalo S. (CTO).
The role will remain listed on our careers page until filled.
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like a gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.
All information collected through this application is stored in Workable, Doist’s Applicant Tracking System, where it will be used for recruitment purposes only. For more information on how we handle candidate data at Doist, we invite you to review our recruitment privacy notice. For questions, please contact us at [email protected] (managed by Andrew G. & Mitch from People Operations).
Please let Doist know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 6th, 2021
Job posted on
January 17th, 2021
About the companyAt Doist, we specialize in productivity software. We create tools that simplify and organize the workday. It's a modest goal, but an important one. When software tames the chaos and streamlines the lit...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.