What We’re Looking For
What You’ll Be Doing
- 6 to 10 + years of professional experience working on an Agile software development team
- Experience developing SaaS applications in the cloud
- Experience completing and “shipping” finished products and features in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with Elixir and functional programming best practices/paradigms
- Practiced in backend development with Elixir, Phoenix, and Postgres or similar development languages
- CS Degree, Lambda School graduation certificate, or equivalent experience is required
- Competencies around planning; defining technical scope and drawing out flow diagrams for architecture before coding takes place
- Versed in sound quality assurance principles
- Evaluating existing codebases to identify areas that need optimization
- Assessing the efficiency of technologies, instrumentation, and reporting
- Collaborating with the engineering team on prototype development
- Interpreting analytical and performance data
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and secure coding best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering processes, application design, and system optimization
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to apply engineering best practices and report on risks, timelines, work done, and deployment risk mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Experience or knowledge with Elixir, Phoenix
- Experience or knowledge with Ecto, Absinthe, Postgres
- Keeping abreast of developments and innovation in the Elixir and GraphQL communities.
At Divvy we’ve been intentional in designing scalable benefits, rewards, and perks that meet our workforce where they are while managing expectations as we scale. Just as pay parity was foundational for us in base salary, and remains our commitment and priority, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Divvy, you’ll enjoy:
- Health insurance premiums for all Full Time employees covered at 100%
- Stock option grants for Full Time employees (new hire, promotion, evergreen)
- Unlimited PTO
- FlexWork - you choose how you work whether it be remote, in-office, or some combination of the two
- Paid parental leave for Full Time employees (12 weeks for birthing/adoptive parents, 6 weeks for non-birthing parents)
Please let Divvy know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
January 5th, 2021
Divvy is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyDivvy is a secure financial platform for businesses to manage payments and subscriptions, build strategic budgets, and eliminate expense reports. By integrating real-time tracking for every business tr...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.