What you'll be doing
- Build new features across our iOS, Android, Web apps and our marketing site. You will work on every platform and own the full funnel. It's ok if you don't know all of this right away!
- Work on meaningful projects that allow for new and existing users to have more delightful conversations
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and support from the team
- Work with design, data, and marketing teams to build meaningful additions to the app that help users be more successful
- Use experiments and user research to iterate and learn
- Fearlessly dive into the unknown alongside intelligent engineers challenging themselves and people around you
What you should have
- We're a multi-platform team, so it's important to have a solid understanding of the development frameworks and fundamentals of one or more of our platforms: web (React, TypeScript, Python API), Android (Kotlin, RxJava), or iOS (React Native, Objective-C, Swift). We don't expect everyone to be an expert in all of these, and everyone has their specialties, but the more platforms you're comfortable with (or want to learn!), the faster we can move.
- Experience building and shipping product features. We do far more than build landing pages
- An eye for visuals. Design skills are not required but you can critique and modify existing designs
- Experience building for experimentation, iteration, and driving metrics.
- Experience working cross-functionally; particularly with marketing teams
- Hunger to have an impact on our business
- Strong open-source leadership or contributions
- Experience making hard tradeoffs between important goals to get the right things built quickly
- Direct experience on a growth team
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Transgender benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Please let Discord know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
November 9th, 2021
Job posted on
May 9th, 2021
Discord is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe'd love to work with someone like you We care about creating a delightful experience: for people who use Discord and for ourselves. We value a workplace that's as diverse as our product. People her...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.