- Partner closely with product, engineering, and business teams to understand feature adoption, proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and build robust scalable tools to empower decision-making at all levels of the company
- Create novel and interpretable metrics to provide insight into the health of the Discord app and use analytics, modeling, and experimentation to understand their impact on the user experience.
- Transform data into information - establish hypotheses, dig deep, and seek to understand root causes - to make Discord better for all users
- Own the vision and roadmap for the Core Product Data Science & Analytics team, supporting a key pillar of the Discord Product roadmap
- Build and mentor a world-class analytics team, expanding the impact of data at Discord
- In partnership with our Data leaders, inform architectural decisions, establish best practices, develop lean scalable processes, and contribute to the overall direction of the Data organization at Discord!
You Have (not hard qualifications - if you're not sure, please apply!):
- 3+ years of leadership experience as a people manager, leading a team of 5+ data scientists and/or analysts. Ideally, your team would have had technical expertise covering at least two of the following: BI analytics, machine learning, and A/B experimentation.
- Excellent skills in communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, with an ability to explain complex concepts in easy-to-understand ways
- 6+ years of industry experience in applying machine learning and/or analytics techniques to answer vague and challenging business problems
- Proficient in Python/R or SQL (any dialect) for hands-on modeling and/or analysis
- A collaborative attitude and natural curiosity
- Experience with social media and/or A/V consumer products, including familiarity with concepts such as encoding, measurement of audio/video quality, and application performance
- Proficient in modern BI tooling (Chartio, Looker, Tableau, etc.), with an eye towards clear, rich visualizations and performance
- Familiarity with A/B testing principles
- Experience mentoring (or even managing!) other managers
- Experience with very large data sets and distributed computing
- Familiarity with Airflow, GCP, BigQuery
- Experience partnering with business teams in a data-driven culture
- Passion for Discord or online communities
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision)
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Please let Discord know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 23rd, 2021
Job posted on
May 6th, 2021
Discord is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe'd love to work with someone like you We care about creating a delightful experience: for people who use Discord and for ourselves. We value a workplace that's as diverse as our product. People her...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.