The Product Design team works on embedded product teams, collaborating closely with PMs and engineers on major product area. Product Design is its own department, independent from engineering or product management. We’re full-stack designers, owning all aspects of our work from research, prototyping, polish, and engineering hand-off. We work closely together, collaborating with our DesignOps team to develop our design system and tooling.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a passion for building technical tools and scalable design systems. Our designers build the UI that developers around the world rely on: real-time dashboards, data visualizations, data-driven notebooks, core site functionality, and the design systems and tools that power it. Their work makes the data we collect easy for users to understand and act on.
You’ll act as a leader within the product design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and the whole team better. You’ll not only own the success or failure of your design work, you’ll help other designers communicate their ideas and the support for their design decisions across the company.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact. We are expanding globally, designing and building multiple new products, and rolling out DesignOps to speed up and scale design. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining product, collaborating with PMs and engineering leads, and researching, prototyping and scaling design with new systems.
- Work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user research into ideas, sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that make Datadog better
- Be the expert in your product area, mentoring designers on the team to do their best work
- Communicate both your design work and the support for your design decisions across the company
- Work closely with engineering teams to understand how your designs will be built
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital product design
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping interaction design work in web applications
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You have experience with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Framer, Sketch, Figma, InVision)
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth startup environment
- You understand cloud infrastructure and have experience with platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
- You have experience with Figma and Framer
Please let Datadog know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
November 17th, 2021
Job posted on
September 30th, 2020
Datadog is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyModern monitoring & analytics. See inside any stack, any app, at any scale, anywhere. Datadog is a monitoring and analytics platform for large-scale application infrastructure and applications. Co...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.