The impact you will have:
- Troubleshoot, resolve and suggest deep code-level analysis of Spark to address complex customer issues related to Spark core internals, Spark SQL, Structured Streaming and Databricks Delta.
- Provide best practices guidance around Spark runtime performance and usage of Spark core libraries and APIs for custom-built solutions developed by Databricks customers.
- Help the support team with detailed troubleshooting guides and runbooks.
- Contribute to automation and tooling programs to make daily troubleshooting efficient.
- Work with the Spark Engineering Team and spread awareness of upcoming features and releases.
- Identify Spark bugs suggest possible workarounds.
- Demonstrate ownership and coordinate with engineering and escalation teams to achieve resolution of customer issues and requests
- Participate in weekend and weekday on call rotation.
What we look for:
- Minimum 6 years' experience developing, testing, and sustaining Python or Java or Scala-based applications.
- Comfortable with compiling, building and navigating the Apache Spark source code.
- Comfortable with identifying and applying patches/bug fixes to the Apache Spark source code.
- Experience in Big Data/Hadoop/Spark/Kafka/Elasticsearch data pipelines.
- Hands-on experience with SQL-based database systems.
- Experience in JVM, GC, Thread dump-based troubleshooting is required.
- Experience with AWS or Azure related services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Please let Databricks know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
November 17th, 2021
Job posted on
May 9th, 2021
Databricks is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
To apply, you must have a permit to work in:
About the companyAs the leader in Unified Data Analytics, Databricks helps organizations make all their data ready for analytics, empower data science and data-driven decisions across the organization, and rapidly adop...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.