Who We Want to Work With (You)
- Are looking to invest your time, passion, and skill to make a difference that lasts.
- Have a passion for what we do and why we do it, and show up each day ready to elevate the team and our vision.
- Are hungry for knowledge, ready for a challenge, excited to learn new things and tackle big problems.
- Don't get queasy when change happens. (Change happens a lot around here! It's one way we stay ahead of issues and setbacks: anticipate them and find ways to adapt and win.)
- Are self-aware, willing to acknowledge what you don't know (and are ready to improve), and confident in your strengths (and can figure out how those can serve the team and our customers).
- Lean into feedback and coaching (we do-- it's how we grow better, together).
- Are a problem solver who prides yourself in high-value output, rather than checking boxes on a list or burning down the clock.
- Are respectful, generally kind, and enjoyable to be around. We find that assuming good intent makes for a stronger team – and winning as an individual but losing as a team is losing in our eyes.
- Are others-oriented with a desire to win collectively, and win big!
- Develop, deploy, and maintain scalable distributed systems and their infrastructure
- Instrument, monitor, and optimize performance KPIs that matter to our production infrastructure and release pipelines
- Work with the engineering team to maintain security and scalability
- Work with the CTO and other leaders to achieve business objectives
- Architect scalable web infrastructure
- Manage the engineering on-call rotation
- Monitor and improve performance in all areas of the stack
- Be passionate about our team, our users, and the quality of our software
- 2+ years of professional experience building web application back-ends
- 2+ years of professional experience in an ops, devops, or site reliability role
- Excellent at communication within an engineering org (engineering, product, leadership)
- Deep experience with Python or a breadth of experience with modern languages
- Deep experience with modern "infrastructure as code" tooling (Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, etc)
- Ability to synthesize overarching business objectives into granular infrastructure goals and make constant progress against them
- Highly skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks and resolving service issues with root cause analysis
- Able to work in the United States
If you've reached this point in the job description and feel you're still not sure if you should apply… Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay. If you're feeling like you're not going to fit in with our teams - that's not ok. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it's a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
Please let Cratejoy know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
October 17th, 2021
Job posted on
January 12th, 2021
Cratejoy is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyCratejoy is the only all-in-one subscription box solution to help you launch, grow and scale your company. We provide the leading subscription box platform that allows you to launch and grow your busin...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.