This role is part of ConsenSys Professional Services.
If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us. To explore our products and solutions, visit here.
As a Tech Lead you typically spend 50% of your time coding and 50% of your time coaching the other engineers on the scrum team. This includes: working with a technical architect to design the high level solution, working with a business analyst to groom the JIRA tasks for the next sprint, reviewing pull requests, and leveraging your methodology and technical expertise to help your team during focused problem solving sessions.
The role is client facing. You are expected to constantly improve your problem solving skills, communication skills and relationship building skills in order to manage clients at key project milestones (key technical decisions and trade-offs, demos, knowledge transfer).
Within the project team, you establish your credibility and lead the team through project phases by demonstrating outstanding technical judgement, advocating the benefits of agile methodology, and coaching team members individually to make the project an enriching and fulfilling experience for them.
The project team size, scope and your responsibilities will vary from project to project. Some of our projects involve 5 team members for 3 months, others involve 50 team members for 12+ months. Most of them require world-class level of production-grade delivery, given the stringent technical and security requirements of our clients in the financial services industry.
As you gain more experience, you will also take part in the development of reusable product components and libraries and methodologies that will be deployed by other ConsenSys teams around the world.
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on Enterprise-grade projects
- 2+ years building software at production scale
- 2+ years as a tech lead, leading a team of 5+ team members
- Mastery of at least one of the following disciplines:
- Back-end development: Typescript / Node.js (preference for Nest.js framework); a strong and versatile Java developer will be considered too.
- Front-end development: React.js
- Experience with, or understanding of: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CI/CD pipelines (CircleCI), MQ technology such as Kafka or Redis, AWS and Azure infrastructure services, Docker, Kubernetes.
- High testing standards for yourself and for others: expectation of rigorous unit testing, integration testing and component testing where appropriate
- Understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Willingness to learn about the disciplines listed above, that you do not already have experience with.
- Experience working on agile projects in an Enterprise setting
- Experience with micro-services architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
Bonus points for
- Work experience at a financial institution, or in the financial services sector
- Experience as tech lead in a remote team setting
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- Experience in deploying blockchain infrastructure
- Experience in cryptography
- Demonstrated interest in DevOps topics
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, beyond the strict scope of your job
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
Location and work environment
We have physical offices in New York, Dublin, London, Paris and Hong Kong. Some of our team members work from home in other countries and cities.
Occasional travel will be required for client meetings, and some projects may require being at the client’s location. On average this happens 20% of the time (obviously much less in the COVID context), but some projects may require more substantial on-site work with client teams.
To be employed in a country, you need to have an existing employment visa in that country and speak the local language fluently.
Why join ConsenSys?
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Continuous learning and improvement. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Please let ConsenSys know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 6th, 2021
Job posted on
January 15th, 2021
About the companyConsenSys is a blockchain venture production studio building decentralized applications, mostly on Ethereum. We are currently building foundational tools for emerging business models in the cryptocurre...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.