Some things we’re proud of:
- Drive architectural changes to scale CoinTracker to 1M+ users
- Scale the engineering team from a team of five to dozens
- Lead the team to continuously ship product & engineering improvements every sprint
- Implement culture and processes that emphasize quality, reliability and efficiency
- Execute as an individual contributor on some of the key objectives as time permits
This role may be a good fit if you:
- Are passionate and proficient and experienced at building scalable, high quality products and engineering systems
- Are an effective Engineering leader
- Write high quality code, value software testing, and uphold best practices in engineering, security and design
- Are productive, resourceful, and an effective problem solver
- Work effectively in a remote setting and are able to overlap with our core hours of 9 AM to 12 PM PT
- Thrive in an early-stage startup environment with less stability and more ambiguity
- Are interested in financial products and/or cryptocurrency
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
Our engineering process includes:
- Code reviews
- Continuous integration
- Multiple daily automated deployments to production
- Automated testing with >85% code coverage
Some of the technical challenges we face are:
- Lots of data — billions of data points to track transactions and market pair prices.
- Data structures & algorithms — automated transfer detection, cost basis tracking, tax optimization, and more. Your CS fundamentals finally come in handy!
- Scalability — some cryptocurrency users, such as algorithmic traders, accumulate millions of transactions per year. CoinTracker needs to work seamlessly for those power crypto traders.
- Blockchain — whether it's running our own nodes, implementing xPub address generation and traversal, or parsing smart contracts to seamlessly support decentralized trading, we get our hands dirty with core blockchain technology.
- Technical complexity — integrating with hundreds of exchanges and blockchains, and supporting thousands of cryptocurrencies means we have to methodically architect our software and build critical monitoring systems to deliver a robust and accurate platform.
Sample projects you might lead:
- Implement real-time transaction synchronization with blockchains and exchanges.
- Develop a smart order routing platform to enable cryptocurrency trading across exchanges, taking into account full transaction history, tax lots, fee detection, arbitrage and slippage.
- Implement tax loss harvesting to reduce capital gains taxes for cryptocurrency users.
Last but not least, our tech stack is:
- Mobile: React Native, Expo, GraphQL
- Backend: Python, Flask, GraphQL, Postgres, Redis, Python RQ
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
Please let CoinTracker know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 22nd, 2021
Job posted on
January 3rd, 2021
About the companyCoinTracker enables seamless cryptocurrency portfolio tracking and tax compliance. As adoption of cryptocurrency continues to pick up, and more exchanges, wallets and DeFi products are built, CoinTrac...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.