What you'll be doing:
- Design and build the next generation of cryptocurrency-focused services for our cryptography platform by implementing the latest cryptographic protocols: threshold cryptography, zkSNARKs, anonymous credentials, cryptographic accumulators, and thinking through first principles.
- Implement cryptographic primitives to support the latest advancements required to further the crypto ecosystem.
- Write high quality, well-tested, secure features to ship to our customers.
- Partner with engineers and product teams to drive critical projects into a tangible roadmap.
- Coach and mentor engineers; help calibrate and develop the engineering team.
What we look for in you:
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Deep understanding and experience in cryptography protocols (signature schemes, zero-knowledge proofs, elliptic curves, encryption, etc.).
- Ability to understand and build new cryptographic primitives
- Passionate about improving and solving for complex cryptography problems.
- Proficient in a modern high level language Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Comfortable leading cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with product managers, UX designers, and engineering teams.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- Previous production software engineering experience with cryptographic services.
- Experience with distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges.
- Experience in securing digital assets and cryptocurrencies
Please let Coinbase know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
February 27th, 2021
Coinbase is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyThe world’s leading exchange for digital currencies Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.