At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Cloudflare helps build the future of the Internet. We started Cloudflare to solve one of the largest challenges facing any organization: how do you keep your websites, APIs, services, and infrastructure safe from attack without compromising on performance or reliability? Our customers relied on legacy, painful hardware to solve this challenge. They wanted a scalable service that would work around the world.
To deliver that, we built one of the world's largest networks. Today our network spans more than 250 cities worldwide and is within milliseconds of nearly everyone connected to the Internet. We have built the capacity to stand up to nation-state scale cyberattacks and a threat intelligence system powered by the immense amount of Internet traffic that we see.
In the last five years, Cloudflare has built the next phase of our product journey, Cloudflare Zero Trust, on top of that network to solve another challenge: ensuring the people and teams within an organization can access the tools they need to do their jobs and are safe from data loss and threats.
What you'll do
You will be the Product Manager for Digital Experience Monitoring, owning user, application, and network performance monitoring for all Cloudflare Zero Trust deployments. You will take this product from 0 to 1 by leading all efforts related to experience monitoring, directly supporting engineering, design, sales and support.
In this role you will shape the product, working closely with the development team and other functions across Cloudflare, to listen to customer problems and devise solutions that solve them.
You will work to ensure that users are able to answer any questions about their global performance and availability directly from our dashboard. You will work to ensure the user experience is inclusive and accessible to all. You will solve problems that have wide impact and significance, shaping the future of security on the Internet.
We operate with small teams of highly motivated and experienced engineers and product professionals. You will need a baseline understanding of networking or be highly motivated to learn in these areas. A suitable candidate will have an exceptional understanding of what it takes to build and ship software at scale, customer management, or product, and a deep desire to learn each and every day.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product management, software engineering, or management consulting working alongside engineering, design and sales
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in data science, data analysis, or with large data sets translating business insights into creative and engaging outputs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in an organization with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to to support customers in all phases: pre-sales, proof of concept, and post sales deployments
- Exceptional empathy, curiosity, attention to detail, and problem solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points if you also have
- An eye for design and relentless desire to translate users needs into intuitive designs
- A knack for taking complex data sets and distilling them into a cohesive narrative
- Hands-on experience with command-line tools used for interacting with APIs, debugging and testing (e.g. curl, dig, etc.)
- Working knowledge of how the Internet works at network layers 3 through 7
- A solid understanding of API design documentation
- Pricing strategy and revenue forecasting experience
- MBA with BS/MS in computer science
- Help contribute to crafting Cloudflare’s vision for the future of the Internet
- Define the product, learn from customer usage, iterate and improve
- Contribute to the Cloudflare Zero Trust vision and product strategy all up
- Work with customer-facing teams during and after sales cycles
- Communicate with peers, leadership, and customers
- Organize and triage features and issues
- Manage a product roadmap and its translation to revenue
- Make decisions and own outcomes
- Work alongside an engineering team to execute on the product vision
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $140,000 - $172,000
- For New York City, Washington, and California (excluding Bay Area) based hires: Estimated annual salary of $158,000 - $193,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $166,000 - $202,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actualrace, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.