A day in the life might look like:
- Contributing to or even driving larger changes to processes and workflows within your team or the broader development organization;
- Collaborating with your triad to: understand the challenges our business faces, identify the most impactful opportunities, and craft a roadmap for the team;
- Working with your team on preparing an architecture document for an upcoming project;
- Working with the developers on your team to break down a project into deliverable chunks of work;
- Giving great feedback on code reviews, architecture documents, and more to help support team members making great technical decisions for their projects;
- Having a 1:1 meeting with your direct reports to make sure they are supported in their career growth and development goals;
- Reviewing code contributed by members from your team or other Clio developers reaching out to you for your experience with a given technology or pattern.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- Demonstrated success in people leadership in software development, particularly with large scale SaaS products;
- A background in hands-on software development;
- Diverse base of knowledge that allows you to help your team solve complex technical problems;
- The ability to describe successful projects you worked on, as well as a collection of lessons learned from failed projects; and
- Demonstrated ability to hire the best and brightest engineers in a fast-paced job market—and to coach, develop, and retain engineering talent; You are equally energized by both your own technical work as well as contributing to the career growth of your team;
- You have strong opinions that are weakly held, and foster that same attitude in others;
- You believe in providing honest, actionable feedback to your team, and encourage your team to reciprocate;
- You devise roadmaps to guide your team, but aren't beholden to them -- you easily adapt to a constantly changing world.
Serious bonus points if you have?
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Experience with CRM products at scale; and
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
Where your team works:
Please let Clio know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 16th, 2021
Job posted on
February 16th, 2021
About the companyClio is the undisputed leader in cloud-based legal technology offering practice management, CRM, and client intake software. Clio enables lawyers to be more client-centered and has earned the most 5 st...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.