You’ll be part of a global team of SREs that work together and support each other to provide the best possible services to our company, Canonical’s customers and the Ubuntu Community.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- Maintain operational responsibility for all of Canonical’s core services, networks, and infrastructure
- Develop new features and improve the resilience and scalability of the existing cloud and container portfolio at Canonical
- Automate operations for reuse across the worlds largest companies, taking into consideration the complexities of distributed systems
- Develop skills in troubleshooting, capacity planning, and performance analysis
- Collaborate with development teams to design service architecture, documentation, playbooks, policies and operational procedures
- Provide assistance and work with globally distributed engineering, operations, and support peers
- Be given uninterrupted software development time to focus on larger coding projects and automation of manual tasks
- Carry final responsibility for time-critical escalations
The successful Site Reliability Engineer candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or greater, preferably in computer science or related engineering field
- A passion for writing, sharing, and maintaining enterprise open-source software solutions
- Python software development experience, with large projects
- Strong modern engineering background (peer-review, unit testing, SCM, CI/CD, Agile)
- Preference for treating configuration as code and automating to reliably solve problems
- Extensive knowledge of cloud computing concepts and technologies
- Practical knowledge of Linux networking, routing, and firewalls
- Hands-on experience administering enterprise Linux servers
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English over email, chat, video or voice calls and in-person
- Self-driven, able to troubleshoot from kernel to web, and willing to ask others when appropriate
- A willingness to be flexible and able to learn new things quickly
- Be challenged by the needs of fast-changing environments
- Happy to work within distributed teams
- Be passionate and familiarized about open-source, especially Ubuntu or Debian
- 100% Work-from-home
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please let Canonical know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
August 18th, 2021
Job posted on
March 17th, 2021
Canonical is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyWe deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together w...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.