DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
What you’ll do here:
- Work closely with all infrastructure, engineering and customer service teams to ensure services are available 24/7, taking part in a weekly rotation schedule.
- Develop and implement systems featuring high-availability, horizontal scalability, and self-healing capabilities, focusing on quality and attention to detail
- Design and implement policies for security, logging, and monitoring of the serving system
- Provide senior level guidance and support to other DevOps Engineers
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation, as well as research and implement new ways to make our system more efficient
- Take part in the recruitment process as we continue to scale the DevOps team.
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: 6+ years of experience working on large scalable platforms
- AWS: Strong professional experience with Amazon cloud VPCs, bastion hosts, VPNs, and tools like Fargate, Aurora, and Redshift
- Terraform: Strong experience utilizing Terraform in infrastructure production
- Network and Architecture: An understanding of network security protocols and architecture (SSH, GPG, YubiKeys, Interested about PCI & HIPAA? We're going all out.)
- Continuous Integration: Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as CircleCI and CodePipeline
- Routing: Knowledge of Application routing (DNS, Application Load Balancers, Network Load Balancers), Logging & Metrics routing & review
- Containers: Experience using container tools like Docker, Elastic Container Registry, ECS Fargate, EKS / Kubernetes
- BONUS POINTS for experience building PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR compliant systems | An understanding of the complexity of being an organization with International Clients | You maintain or contribute to an open-source project
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the engineering team and key stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the current Cloud/DevOps/Infrastructure/Security workflows
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Start to suggest best practices and improvements for cloud related infrastructure and processes
- Manage, design, build, and maintain the infrastructure on top of AWS
- Maintain site reliability & observability, while addressing questions regarding our memory utilization and database capacity.
- Aid in monitoring and reporting on strict security and compliance regulations, familiarizing yourself with the nuances of a PCI level I compliant organization
After 6 months you’ll...
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address our future roadmap needs
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Please let Boulevard know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
April 29th, 2021
Job posted on
January 11th, 2021
Boulevard is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyBoulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve. Develope...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.