… This is where you come in…
- We currently manage a growing e-commerce market and labor force management system for thousands of our contractors and customers nationwide. An engineer that works with us will be expected to adopt team practices and, after on-boarding, will be expected to work closely with team members to solve the desires and needs of our customers and operations team.
- We fiercely test and our new hire would need to be competent at completing test cycles for new features.
- We often pair program when making architectural design changes but will put our heads down on days when minor changes are requested.
- Our team operates at a fast pace and will deploy multiple versions of our product continuously throughout the day. We’re growing quickly and our new team member is not only critical to our success but has a great deal of input into the course of the company from a technical perspective. We need your influence and we want your experience.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or relevant experience
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Eager learner. We’re looking for engineers who live to learn new technologies and use them on new projects! You should be excited to build tools that scale for massive growth and a rapidly evolving business environment. You have advanced knowledge of programming in Go and deploying to AWS infrastructure.
- Iterative Design and Development. You think an MVP is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time, but neither to an extreme.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the backend stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (API, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Design and business acumen. You understand the requirements of a high-growth business. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool used by Bellhops HQ operation teams, or a feature used by customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Innovator’s Mind. Drive to identify opportunities and create solutions to better serve our customers.
- Owner’s Grit. The commitment to get things done the right way even if it’s the hard way. We never settle for anything less.
- Servant’s Heart. The devotion to care for others by putting them first and treating them as we’d like to be treated.
- Playful Spirit. The willingness to approach life with optimism, energy, and lightheartedness.
WHY WORK AT BELLHOP?
Please let Bellhop know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
May 28th, 2021
Job posted on
December 1st, 2020
About the companyBellhop is one of the fastest-growing tech companies in the US, transforming the deeply broken $18B moving industry with an advanced tech-enabled model that delivers world-class customer experiences an...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.