What we are looking for
A high-energy Real Estate Associate who will discover and qualify potential opportunities and navigate them through the internal pipeline to a successful transition to the onboarding department. The right candidate will act as the face of the company armed with both comprehensive knowledge of internal operations as well as industry trends and financial returns.
What you'll do
- Drive the development of pipeline growth through partnerships with homeowners, developers, investors and brokers while working with the internal team to research, identify and analyze potential properties across the country
- Comprehend and stay up to date with complex and ever-changing regulatory limitations in multiple markets across the country.
- Demonstrate brand value, trust, integrity, and rapport with potential partners through a deep understanding of internal operations and companywide goals and initiatives.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the U.S. real estate landscape with the ability to identify and expound on such components as, cash-on-cash, cap rates, LTV, debt structures, ROI, etc.
- Manage an expansive pipeline of opportunities through the internal pipeline, hand-holding each opportunity through different phases of the acquisition pipeline.
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure a successful onboard of each new property through comprehensive communication both internally and externally.
- Lead on transaction negotiation and documentation of asset acquisition with brokers, consultants and attorneys. Negotiate with a focus on identifying and mitigating risk, and generate creative solutions to resolve structuring challenges.
- Exhibit leadership in partnering with other internal teams and in developing junior team members across cross-functional departments.
What you'll bring...
- 2+ years experience in an outbound sales role
- 2-4 years of Real Estate experience preferred.
- Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Natural talent and energy: a deal junky; someone who wants to get deals done and is driven by their own ability to perform at a high level while poising the company for the greatest success possibility.
- Flexibility: Ability to handle difficult situations both internally and externally, confidence to negotiate legalese with attorneys and principals, and push internal constraints in the most difficult situations. Someone who is motivated by defeat and doesn't take the losses to heart.
- Influence: Exceptional communication skills with the ability to quickly negotiate and build strong relationships, both outside and within the
Perks and Benefits
- Salary: $65,000 base + commission
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at Barsala properties
Equal Employment Opportunity...
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
About this role
January 24th, 2023
November 25th, 2022
Learn about Barsala and their company culture.
Live easy, make the world your home.
Barsala set out to solve the traveler’s dilemma. Whether you’re a solo business traveler, a couple looking to get away, or a family needing an extended stay, you’ll find an upscale, well-designed home base with premium hotel amenities, 24/7 concierge support, and the flexibility of a fully-stocked apartment.
The best of home. The best of a hotel. We’re Barsala.
Designed and operated by Barsala
When you stay with Barsala, you’re staying in a space that we proudly design, furnish, clean and maintain. It’s not somebody’s apartment or spare bedroom. The whole place is yours. Live easy - you’ll always know what to expect when you book with us.
Part of a community
Our spaces are always part of a larger community of long-term residents and shorter-term guests. We take otherwise vacant apartments in upscale buildings and turn them into Barsala spaces for our guests. Then eventually we give them back when a long-term resident moves in.
Fully furnished, full kitchens, full everything.
All of our spaces are stylishly furnished and - unlike traditional hotels - have full kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms and most even have a washer and dryer. Make the world your home even while you’re away from home.
Powered by Barsala’s technology platform
We threw out the old industry standard hotel and property management technology and built our own. Our mobile experience puts the power to manage your stay in the palm of your hand. We believe that you should be able to live free - get what you want, when you want, any time.
Creating something new
We’re building something that has never existed before. Sometimes we make mistakes, but we make it right and we learn and we get better. That’s how exceptional things get built. If you have stayed with us, thank you. If you have not, we invite you to be part of our story.
How we got started
Once upon a time there were traveling technology professionals who spent many many (far too many) nights away from home in hotel rooms. The hotel rooms were small and expensive, with a tiny fridge and cheap coffee maker as the only in-room amenity. They thought to themselves “there must be a better way.” So they created Barsala.
Barsala was created by travelers for travelers. None of the founders came from the hotel industry but they understood technology and travel. They also observed that many spaces in upscale apartment buildings sat empty for months, or even years, especially when the buildings were new. So they threw out the old-school hotel playbook and built something completely different.
Since it’s Seattle founding in 2016, Barsala quickly expanded across the United States. We are proud to have hosted over 50,000 guests to date. We look forward to welcoming you and invite you to be part of our story.
Learn about the technology and tools that Barsala uses.
Benefits and perks
Learn about the benefits and perks that Barsala provides.
Home office & technology reimbursement
Since you work remotely, we want to make sure your home office is comfortable.
Annual credits and discounted rates to Barsala properties ✈️
Learning and development budget
We have a professional development reimbursement program.
Co-working space budget
We offer WeWork membership reimbursement.
About this role
January 24th, 2023
November 25th, 2022