Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as L'Oreal Paris, Well+Good, and Barry's. We help brands build meaningful connections with their customers. Founded in 2006, we are a remote-first team with offices in New York City and Los Angeles and team members across the world.
We are looking for an experienced Resource Manager to join our team. You will work remotely and interact closely with our teams. At Barrel, the Resource Manager is responsible for overall staffing for the company. The Resource Manager reviews the need for any new projects or resource needs, and prioritizes it against internal availability and need for freelancer or new hires. This person works closely with team leadership to define processes and identify opportunities for increasing efficiencies and utilization of our team.
- Review and advise on staff plan allocations, scopes, and forecasts
- Manage and execute process for team allocations & project assignments across all disciplines
- Ensure leadership team is advised on staffing challenges and pain points across the agency
- Resolve staffing challenges across agency based on business and agency goals
- Understand team skills and strengths across all disciplines
- Work with discipline leads to identify appropriate staffing and project opportunities
- Analyze agency staff trends to make recommendations and inform on risks
- Identify the need for freelance and staff hires where needed
- Bring creative solutions to improve staffing processes and work with leadership to define new processes where required
Experience & Competencies
- 2+ years resource management or operations experience in advertising/marketing industry
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, 401k company matching, half-day Fridays year round, TransitChek, paid vacation, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.