What you’ll do
- Design exceptional products from start to finish, participating in all phases of design, from definition to development and optimization.
- Iterate actively with prototypes at all levels of design fidelity, informed by user research, market trends, and business goals.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers to ship high-quality experiences.
- Contribute to both Automattic products and the larger open source and design communities.
What we are looking for
- A keenness for identifying user needs, defining clear solutions, and delivering those through detailed design.
- The flexibility to design in low and high fidelity and choose the most efficient and responsible process for the job at hand.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers, contributors, and insights gleaned by our support teams.
- The ability to connect business strategies, available technologies, and design solutions to deliver best-in-class user experiences.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- A proficiency in design and prototyping tools and familiarity with development.
- A genuine interest and familiarity with some of our products and the open source community.
- Familiarity with remote work (or excitement to try it!).
How we work
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We have no set hours, or expectation that you’re online from 9 to 5. You create a schedule that allows you to get your best work done.
- We travel sometimes to meet up and work together.*
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels. Here’s more about what we expect from ourselves.
*REGARDING COVID-19 AND TRAVEL: The current pandemic is a rapidly changing situation. Automattic is monitoring government and health agency reports closely, and responding however possible to prioritize safety and well-being for our team members and communities. Currently all company travel has been suspended.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
HOW TO APPLY
- Tell us why you’re interested in working at Automattic.
- Tell us briefly about the design accomplishment you are most proud of, and why?
Please let Automattic know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
November 13th, 2021
Job posted on
April 10th, 2021
About the companyWe are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ count...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.