Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
This is a remote position. With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand.
Your future team
You will operate within the Talent Management pillar of the Talent Team and report to the Head of Talent Management.
You will focus on Change Management and collaborate with the other Talent Partners and HRBPs, focusing on enabling change management for key Talent Programs. Most of the current team members are spread across the Australian Eastern time zone and the US Pacific time zone.
We are reimagining our annual performance management process and it's an exciting time to be part of the team that's shaping and driving this change for the enterprise.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of programmatic change management. understanding and assessing change impacts, developing user-centered change management strategies, processes, and change plans.
- Lead change management activities including communication and training efforts in partnership with key collaborators.
- Design and implement inclusive strategies, programs, and processes to assess, manage and measure equitable outcomes for the organisation's workforce.
- Lead organisation talent processes such as performance management, promotions, talent review, career management, and succession planning to ensure they are data-driven and aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives in the business.
- Manage our talent management frameworks including job and growth profiles, and performance evaluation instruments.
- Draw on employee data and analytics, and benchmark analyses, to inform talent management priorities and employee experience design.
- Research trends and changes in workforce management to develop effective, inclusive, and equitable talent management strategies.
- Ensure practices are integrated with other people processes across the full employee lifecycle.
- Define and track success measures for talent management programs including change management.
- Stay informed on the latest thinking on performance management, skill, and competency frameworks and bring practices to Atlassian, to increase the impact of our own strategies.
- Advanced degree in Industrial/Organisational Psychology, or related preferred experience in and demonstrated subject matter expertise in Change Management.
- 15+ years of relevant experience leading Talent Management projects or processes and developing creative Talent Management solutions.
- Experience with and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Excellent change management skills operating within the Talent Management space.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven and evidence-based approach to decision-making, enabling you to collaborate with different stakeholders to develop effective solutions to issues.
- Demonstrated ability to impact the direction of your team’s work product.
- Demonstrated customer focus, including a track record of developing an understanding of the business structure, people, processes, and technology to drive business-aligned design.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple functions.
Our perks benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefits
to learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.