About this Role
Your Impact: Outcomes
- Implementing a system for (proactive) continuous security improvement. We’re conducting risk assessments, penetration testing, red team assessments, defense-in-depth analyses; using these processes to generate clear security improvement goals; and we’re measuring and hitting those goals.
- Successful execution of major security improvement projects. As part of our risk assessment process, we’ve identified major projects to improve the security of our applications and we’ve completed these projects on schedule.
- Successful performance on reactive security processes. We’re meeting 100% of our target response times for vulnerabilities and security incidents.
- Leveling up the security competency of the existing team. Team members are participating in security reviews throughout the software development lifecycle, from architectural planning through pull request review. We’re training the engineering team effectively through activities like CTF exercises, and security training is baked into new engineer onboarding.
- Building a Security Engineering team. We’re hiring and retaining strong Security Engineers to keep up with the increasing demands for Security Engineering.
- Deep experience with core security engineering practices. Your recent experience has been focused on security engineering: risk assessment, penetration testing, red team assessments, defense-in-depth, vulnerability remediation, incident response.
- Experience on a seasoned Security Engineering team. Aptible’s DNA is rooted in security and compliance, but given our small size, you’d be the first Security Engineering hire. As a result, we’d be looking for you to bring your knowledge of what works — and what doesn’t — on more mature Security Engineering teams.
- Aptitude and appetite for leadership. Prior management experience is not necessary, but as the first and principal Security Engineer at Aptible, you’ll have the opportunity to hire a team that reports to you, in order to keep up with our increasing security needs as we scale.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
Please let Aptible know you found this job on Himalayas. This will help us grow!
About this role
February 19th, 2021
Job posted on
October 21st, 2020
Aptible is hiring for this role in the following timezones:
About the companyAptible was founded to build trust on the internet. We do this by making it easier for companies to go from having an idea to releasing it to the world safely and securely. Protecting data online can n...
We'll keep you updated when the best new remote jobs pop up.