- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
Andela is looking for an SMB Account Executive to join the team! As a key member of our sales organization, you’ll play an invaluable role in Andela’s growth strategy. You’ll be an individual contributor focusing solely on new business, selling to prospects and managing qualified leads generated by our sales development organization. You’ll also leverage your own prospecting skills to bolster your pipeline, all the while contributing to best practices that support the success of your greater team.
Who you are:
- Confident: You’re a natural at conveying value, and you know how to stand your ground.
- Dedicated: You love to sell, and you have a track record that shows you’re good at it.
- Persuasive: You’re an expert at navigating difficult conversations and getting your customers on board.
- Adaptable: You’re positive in the face of adversity and love the challenge of an ever-changing environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You love solving new problems, and you’re comfortable taking initiative, while working with imperfect information.
- Results-oriented: You have a bias for action and don't give up easily.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple prospects simultaneously at various stages of your pipeline
- Be an impactful player on a quickly evolving sales team at a mission driven startup
- Drive an effective sales process to hit your quarterly and annual goals
- Actively prospect with a mixture of cold calling, emailing, and social selling to supplement the lead flow provided by a dedicated team of Sales Development Representatives
- Educate Engineering leaders on the value of Andela in a thoughtful way
- Work closely with Sales Engineers to provide recommendations based on a customer’s engineering leads
- Drive week in and week out to to meet and exceed your KPI’s
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You have at least 2 years of experience in sales
- You have a robust sales methodology that you continually improve
- You’ve had plenty of hits and misses--and can clearly discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- You’ve successfully sold in a high velocity model with sales cycle under 60 days
- You organize your time to hit the biggest milestones
- Experience working with a variety of sales enablement technologies (Salesforce, Sales cadence software, Zoom, Gong, etc.) is a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
This role is fully remote and work from home.
Learn about Andela and their company culture.
Andela is solving the technical talent shortage by building distributed engineering teams with Africa's most talented software engineers. In five years & counting, Andela has hired over 1,000 engineers and become known as the "Best Place to Work in Africa," with tech campuses in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and Kigali. Andela software engineers work as full-time engineers with companies ranging from the Fortune 500 to high-growth startups like Gusto and Cloudflare.
Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, and Spark Capital, Andela is powering global engineering teams while catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across Africa.
Learn about the technology and tools that Andela uses.
About this role
November 9th, 2021
November 5th, 2020